Sunday, October 26, 2008

'Tis the season...

...for sniffles, sore throats, congestion & more! I sit here today after not blogging (for far too long) to 'catch up'. I blame it on my full time job as Marketing Director at Southern Homes & Gardens...we are in full swing of the holidays at the store. I've been busy prepping the store & pushing our annual Christmas Open House (this next wkd, Nov. 1-2...come see us!)...the store's look amazing (however, I do say that because I'm also a buyer, so am partial to all the new merchandise!). I've been a very busy lady, but cherish my time at home...although this past week has brought more sickness than fun -poor Sophia (now almost 19mos!) caught the seasonal bug & ever so graciously passed it on to her mommy! Nonetheless, I must forge ahead as I have several Christmas orders to fulfill & there is no time to waste...so with paints, canvases, Tylenol Cold & Sinus, & kleenex box in hand, I am armed & ready to finish them this week! They are REALLY cute & I PROMISE I'll post photos after they are made. I also need to post a photo of another nursery hanger I completed for my friend Laura - proud new mommy to baby Dillon. His nursery colors were a teal-ish blue paired with black...so cute, so Dillon had to have a very 'manly' canvas...I hope he's enjoying it! I'm sure poor Laura stares at it during those late-night feedings...God Bless her. On a different note, I'm adding a link to a friend of mines blog, http://rosemarygulledge.blogspot.com she is a stay at home mom to 3 beautiful kids & has her own monogramming/applique biz!! She's done several pieces of Sophia's clothing & it's ADORABLE! She's got great designs & fonts to choose from & she's great to work with...there's no doubt your kids will look super cute after she's thru with their clothes! She also does monogramming for some items we carry at SH&G...we love Rosemary! I can't remember if I added in the link for Monica's Initials-Inc. biz or not, but I'll do that too. I recently hosted a 'Fall/Winter' show for Monica & it was SO fun. I got some great new items...a new 'bowler' style bag, luxurious towel wrap that I use at the gym among other goodies! Check out the newest catalog on her site....it's a fun way to spoil yourself or friends! I'm also working on starting a family blog too...I'll certainly add the link when it's launched. As my friend Nancy exclaimed today, "Julie, you work full-time, you are a mother, you have Lollipop Designs, & now you want to start a family blog?! When do you have time for all of this?!"....gosh Nancy, I never really thought about it...but now that you mention it...I'm POOPED!!

No comments: